This cookie is delicious. My kids love them! I make a batch and put in their lunch boxes and it’s also a hit at play dates. This is a simple but divine confection. Great for play dates, tea parties and buffets. (servings 40)
- 1⁄3 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 6 tablespoons Marie Sharp’s Orange Marmalade
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- Preheat oven to 375 F Grease a cookie sheet.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter and sugar. Add the egg and orange marmalade and mix until thoroughly combined. Add additional marmalade if the batter is too stiff.
- In another bowl, sift together the flour and baking powder. With the mixer running, slowly add the flour mixture to the creamed mixture until blended.
- Drop by spoonfuls on the cookie sheet; do not crowd the cookies as the batter will spread during baking. Bake until the cookies spread out and are lightly browned, 8-10 minutes.
- Cool a minute or two on the cookie sheet before transferring to a wire rack to cool.